Thursday, December 16, 2010

4 o'clock in the morning is no joke!


Soooo, it's been 3 days and I am rocking it at work! Even joined the gym, yep, my new place of employment has a gym! Know what that means?  Future Desiree is telling me I don't have any excuses.  I have a GYM at work, I get off at 2:30 in the afternoon, I don't have to get  home right away, kids are still in school ... so, yeah, try to come up with some lame excuse with that one, Self! 

I joined yesterday and today did a long and tiring walk on the treadmill.  Wow.  I am in need of this gym obviously! 
Let me tell you a little story:
2:30 on Wednesday afternoon, I gather all my courage, red faced and feeling silly-scared I make my way to the gym at work.  I have an appointment for an EVALUATION.  So many fellow employees were gleeful over the fact that our fancy gym comes with actual fancy trainers and they TRAIN YOU.  I though am the opposite of gleeful, I think I was more scared shitless.  "You mean someone has to KNOW I AM THERE?"  I know nothing of working out and the equipment and what my body should do and so on and so on, so of course I need a trainer, but the thought of a trainer working with me one-on-one is horrifying.  
Here I was, yesterday afternoon, wondering if maybe I could put this gym thing on hold, hey, it's almost New Years, right?  
But I don't ... I go.  And it was horrible and awesome all at the same time.  Oh, it was so horrible when Mister Trainer Man had to measure every once of me, and stepping on that dreaded doctor scale, I shut my eyes, I only look at my weight on Sunday, can't make me look twice in one week.
But once that dreaded review of ME was over and I got on that treadmill and plugged in my iTunes and Lady GAGA started in on me, I was all good.  
I sure do hate those yellow, tape measures though ... they're like evil, little, yellow snakes with dreaded numbers ... ick! 


I hope to be better about updating, I should get used to my new schedule soon, 4 o'clock in the morning is no joke! 
Happy Friday Friends!


... oh, and if anyone could give me some tips to host a blog hop?  I would love to participate in one or host one but have no idea about either ... help? 

6 comments:

  1. you know what i thinks worse? when the other people in the gym look like they just stepped off the set of the OC or jersy shore...me and my tshirt and shorts, hiding my tummy roll -- huffing away on the stair master thing....i haven't been to the gym in about 2 years (bad jill!) but when we went (my BFF and me), we didn't know the names of some of the machines. so we called this one the "yellow demon" it was a cross between a stair master and an elliptical. it was my arch enemy. I could hardly make 7 minutes on it when the difficulty was set high.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm following you now too! I love how many other weight loss bloggers I have found since I started my blog, I had no idea there were that many of us!

    I've never hosted a blog hop but I've participated in quite a few... Email me your specific questions and I'd be glad to tell you all I know :) MeganJo3@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is IT!! You are on the move, girl! I can read it in your post how excited you are - SO great that you have a gym, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome is it that you have a gym right at your work?!? No excuses now! :-)

    http://vandylandmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! Let me tell you, having a gym at work has been the best for me. It´s a reason to pack a lunch and maybe squeeze in 45 mins during lunch time. No excuses! You´ll do great :)

    ReplyDelete